Theodore Cressy Skeat (15 February 1907 – 25 June 2003) was a librarian at the British Museum , where he worked as Assistant Keeper (from 1931), Deputy Keeper (from 1948), and Keeper of Manuscripts and Egerton Librarian ) After studies in Cambridge and a spell at the British School of Archeology in Athens. His work coincided with two important acquisitions by the Trustees of the aforementioned institution, namely the Codex Sinaiticus and the apocryphal Gospel Egerton 2 Papyrus (aka the Egerton Gospel ). He has a name for himself with important contributions to palaeography , papyrology, and codicology, particularly – but not only – in relation to these two acquisitions.
- J. Keith Elliott, Theodore Cressy Skeat , TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism , 2003. 
- J. Keith Elliott, Obituary: TC Skeat , The Independent, July 8, 2003. 
- Dorothy J. Thompson, In memoriam Theodore Cressy SKEAT , 2004. 
- HI Bell, and TC Skeat (eds.), Fragments of an Unknown Gospel and other early Christian papyri , London: Trustees of the British Museum, 1935.
- HJM Milne, and TC Skeat, Scribes and Correctors of the Codex Sinaiticus , London: Trustees of the British Museum, 1938.
- CH Roberts, and TC Skeat, The Birth of the Codex, Oxford University Press , New York – Cambridge 1983.
- TC Skeat, The collected Biblical writings of TC Skeat , ed. JK Elliott, Supplements to Novum Testamentum 113, Leiden and Boston: Brill, 2004.
- Jump up^ Elliott, Theodore Cressy Skeat
- Jump up^ Elliott,Obituary, TC Skeat
- Jump up^ AIP, In memoriam TC Skeat