The Adecco Group , based near Zurich, Switzerland, is the largest staffing firm in the world,  and a Fortune Global 500 company. 
With over 33,000 FTE employees and around 5,100 branches in over 60 countries and territories around the world, the Adecco Group offers a wide range of services that include temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting. The Adecco Group is located in the United States of America , the United States of America , the United States and the United States.
The company Was FORMED in 1996 as a result of the merger of the French company Ecco and the Swiss company Adia Interim,  and is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ADEN, ISIN CH0012138605).
The Adecco Group is the parent company of Adecco Staffing, Modis, Spring Professional, Badenoch & Clark, Pontoon and Lee Hecht Harrison.
Through its brand portfolio, The Adecco Group provides services and solutions covering temporary staffing , permanent placement , career transition and talent development as well as business process outsourcing and consulting .
As for staffing, The Adecco Group covers many sectors, including office , industrial , technical , financial and legal , amongst others.
- 1996: Personal services companies Ecco and Adia Interim merge to form a global company with annualized revenues of € 5.4 billion .  Operations are combined to form a network of 2,500 branches. The core staffing business consists of 250,000 staffed with various companies.
- 2000: The Adecco Group Acquires Olsten Staffing, Becoming The Largest recruitment company in the US The merged company Generates combined revenues of € 11.6 trillion.
- 2002: The Adecco Group consolidates its businesses and creates divisions to manage its business.
- 2005: The Adecco Group expands across six professional business lines defined by occupational fields and provides all services under one name.
- 2006: Following the acquisition of DIS AG, Germany, Dieter Scheiff assumes the position of Chief Executive Officer of the Adecco Group. Dominik de Daniel becomes Chief Financial Officer . 
- 2007: The annual shareholders’ meeting approves the appointment of Jürgen Dormann, as Vice Chairman, as Chairman of the Board. Rolf Dörig becomes Vice-Chairman. Klaus J. Jacobs, the co-founder of Adecco, hands back his mandate, having reached the status of retirement age.
- 2008: On September 11, Klaus J. Jacobs, founder and Honorary President of the Adecco Group, dies.  Jürgen Dormann, Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- 2009: Rolf Dörig is appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Adecco Group. On June 1, Patrick De Maeseneire takes over as Chief Executive Officer of the Adecco Group from Dieter Scheiff. The Adecco Group acquires Spring Group in the UK,  and tables an offer for MPS Group.
- 2010: The acquisition of MPS Group officially closed.  The Adecco Group sets up a joint venture in Shanghai with Chinese HR services company Fesco. 
- The Adecco Group announces the acquisition of US-based Drake Beam Morin, Inc. 
- 2012: The Adecco Group acquires VSN Inc., a provider of professional staffing services in Japan.  Henri-Ferdinand Lavanchy, the founder of Adia, passes away. 
- 2014: The Adecco Group acquires OnForce to expand its Beeline service offering, creating a unique integrated solution for managing contingent workforces.  The Jacobs Group sells the vast majority of its 18% stake in the Adecco Group. 
- 2015: On March 11, The Adecco Group acquires Knightsbridge Human Capital Solutions, a market leader in Canada in career transition, talent and leadership development and recruitment services.  On September 1, Alain Dehaze takes over as Chief Executive Officer of the Adecco Group from Patrick De Maeseneire.  The Adecco Group announces a new composition of the Executive Committee.
- 2016: On May 10, The Adecco Group closes the acquisition of Penna Consulting Plc, a UK company providing career transition and talent development services as well as recruitment solutions.  The acquisition complements the activities of Lee Hecht Harrison.
The Adecco Group operates in the market through many different brands. The main international ones are:
- Spring Professional
- Badenoch & Clark
- Lee Hecht Harrison
Initiatives and Partnerships
The Adecco Group leads a number of different global programs and initiatives:
Adecco Way to Work
Adecco Way to Work,
- Adecco Street Day: A global initiative providing career guidance and tips for a successful job search. In 2016, 6,700 colleagues from 53 countries participated, and 1 million people were helped. Since the launch in 2013, over 3.2 million job seekers have received assistance. 
-  Internships Opportunities: Work experience opportunities are offered to enhance young people’s employability, with over 10,000 interns being placed between 2015 & 2016. 
- CEO for One Month: Launched in 49 countries worldwide, 49 youngsters are given a taste of running a multinational company, one of them becomes the global CEO for One Month. 
Win4Youth is a global CSR & sports initiative. The Adecco Group turns kilometers covered by all colleagues, customers and associates (through swimming , cycling and running ) into a group gift, while Fostering healthy and active lifestyles for employees ict.
The Adecco Group donates to 6 foundations dedicated to making a real, long-lasting difference to the lives of people across the world who struggle to find work because of their age, background, disability or other factors.
- Japan: Ashinaga (The Tohoku Rainbow Project)
- New Zealand: Graeme Dingle Foundation (Career Navigator program)
- UK: Macmillan Cancer Support (Working through cancer program)
- North America: Take Stock in Children
- France: EPIDE (Establishment for integration into employment)
- Finland: The Children and Youth Foundation (CYF)
In its 8th year, the 2017 edition aims to reach 4.3 million kilometers by swimming, cycling and running (the triathlon sports).
The IOC and IPC Athlete Career Program (s) in cooperation with The Adecco Group
Since 2005 and 2007 respectively, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) in cooperation with the Adecco Group have been providing educational, life skills, career development and job placement expertise through the IOC and IPC Athlete Career Programs ACP) . The Programs support elite, Olympic and Paralympic athletes to achieve life-long success. Since the Programs were launched, more than 30 National Olympic and Paralympic Committees have cooperated with Adecco country organizations to support their athletes. Together with Outreach activities, delivered in countries that do not currently have a local agreement in place or through International Federations,
The IOC ACP supports athletes through three pillars: education , life skills and employment , and focus on inclusion and accessibility.
Global Studies: Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI) & Work Trends Study
- Global Talent Competitiveness Index : Annual benchmarking study and practical tool ranking global economies based on their ability to grow, attract and retain talent.
- Work Trends Study : Investigates how job seekers and recruiters use social media, what they think about smart working and personal or employ branding.
Following on from their sponsorship between 2002 and 2007; In September 2015, The Adecco Group signed a three-year extension as an international sponsor and official partner of the ITF’s two-team competitions, Davis Cup by BNP Paribas and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas.
The agreement with the 2015 Davis Cup World Group is semifinals and play-offs and continues through 2019. 
Corporate Social Responsibility
The Adecco Group Develops icts marriages and corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy through a comprehensive approach, global Addressing trends in our industry, Stakeholder Concerns and the three dimensions of CSR – economic, social and environmental. The Group reports on the importance of a broad range of strategic areas, which have a major impact on society.
The Adecco Group was recognized as one of the top scoring companies in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index between 2011 and 2014.  In addition, The Adecco Group has been responding to the Carbon Disclosure Project’s (CDP) A member of the FTSE4Good Index Series for the past ten years. Since 2003, The Adecco Group has submitted their Communication on Progress (CoP) to the Global Compact .
On June 20, 2013, blogger Turner Barr went public on his blog, Around the World in 80 Jobs, with a dispute he was having with Adecco. Adecco had asked a trademark on the term “Around the World in 80 Jobs,” which they had used for a marketing campaign. Barr contended that his brand and likeness had been stolen. The story went viral, particularly in the travel blogging community. Adecco Way to Work, “Adecco Way to Work,” Adecco Way to Work.   
Adecco UK Ltd v. Adecco UK Recruitment Ltd
On 10 December 2008, Adecco UK Ltd applied to the Company Names Tribunal under s.69 (1) (b) Companies Act 2006 for a change of name of Adecco UK Recruitment Ltd, qui HAD-been registered at Companies House since 14 October 2008.
The application went undefended by the respondent and the adjudicator ordered on 3 March 2009 that Adecco UK Recruitment Ltd must change their name within one month. Additionally the respondent was ordered not to cause or permit any steps to be taken to register another company with an offending name which could interfere, due to its similarity, with the goodwill of the.
Adecco UK Recruitment Ltd was also ordered to pay to Adecco UK Ltd’s costs. 
- The Adecco Group North America
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f “Annual Report 2016” (PDF) . Adecco . Retrieved 19 March 2017 .
- Jump up^http://www.wecglobal.org/fileadmin/templates/ciett/docs/Stats/Economic_report_2015/CIETT_ER2015.pdf
- Jump up^ http://fortune.com/global500/adecco-group-446/
- Jump up^ “Upcoming Adia, Ecco merger to create a giant staff – Silicon Valley Business Journal” . Silicon Valley Business Journal . Retrieved 2016-04-05 .
- Jump up^http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/stories/1996/12/02/story7.html
- Jump up^ http://www.onrec.com/news/news-archive/adecco-appoints-dominik-de-daniel-as-group-chief-financial-officer
- Jump up^ http://www.forbes.com/2008/09/13/klaus-jacobs-chocolate-face-markets-cx_eb_0911autofacescan01.html
- Jump up^ “Adecco’s acquisition of one of the largest recruitment companies in the UK” . Www.hrmagazine.co.uk . Retrieved 2016-04-12 .
- Jump up^ Basch, Mark:Florida Times-Union, October 21, 2009, “Jacksonville’s MPS Group agrees to buyout by Swiss firm”
- Jump up^ Junqian, XU:ChinaDaily, December 4, 2012, “Adecco, FESCO establish new HR venture”
- Jump up^ http://www.workforce.com/articles/adecco-announces-plan-to-acquire-drake-beam-morin
- Jump up^ http://www.corporatelivewire.com/deal.html?id=adecco-to-acquire-japan-based-professional-staffing-firm-vsn-inc
- Jump up^ http://www.rts.ch/info/economie/3692830-le-vaudois-henri-ferdinand-lavanchy-est-decede.html
- Jump up^ “OnForce acquired by European Adecco Group, will join with Beeline” . Www.betaboston.com . Retrieved 2016-04-05 .
- Jump up^ “Adecco’s largest shareholder sells down stake” . Www.ft.com . Retrieved 2016-04-22 .
- Jump up^ http://www2.staffingindustry.com/site/Editorial/Daily-News/Adecco-acquires-Knightsbridge-Human-Capital-Solutions-33388
- Jump up^ https://www.recruitment-international.co.uk/blog/2015/05/adecco-board-appoints-alain-dehaze-as-ceo
- Jump up^ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3582417/Adecco-says-Brexit-uncertainty-hitting-UK-finance-jobs.html
- Jump up^ http://www.daviscup.com/en/organisation/sponsors/adecco.aspx
- Jump up^ http://www.six-swiss-exchange.com/issuers/services/tensid_news_en.html?id=4e1be45e
- Jump up^ Turner Barr (June 21, 2013). “How I Got Fired from the Job I Invented” . AroundtheWorldin80Jobs . Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- Jump up^ Jason Clampet (June 21, 2013). “Global job firm Adecco uses a blog for its travel contest” . Skift . Retrieved June 21, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Stephen Rex Brown (June 24, 2013). “Travel blogger says employment company Adecco ripped off his website, likeness: ‘It’s creepy ‘ ” . NY Daily News . Retrieved June 24, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Adecco UK Ltd v. Adecco UK Recruitment LtdArchivedNovember 3, 2012 at theWayback Machine. Retrieved 8 October 2014