TD Allman (born 1944) is an American historian and freelance journalist Known For His exposure of the CIA’s secret involvement in the war in Laos , His interviews with world figures Including Yasser Arafat , Helmut Kohl, Boris Yeltsin , Manuel Antonio Noriega , as foreign match For the magazine, Vanity Fair and as an author of a historical accounts of Florida .
Allman is a Harvard University graduate (1966) and was a Peace Corps volunteer in Nepal. His first book, Unmanifest Destiny , which has been published by the University of California at Oxford University , deals with many of the problems of American nationalism. “Rogue State” to foreign policy discourse.
Allman’s writing HAS Appeared in The New Yorker , The New York Times , Esquire , The New Republic , Rolling Stone ,  and National Geographic ,  as well as in The Guardian , Le Monde , The Economist .
He is credited with the coining of the phrase “secret war”. He rescued massacre victims in Cambodia, which led to his work being banned from The Washington Post . Later, as a contributing editor of Harper’s ,  he aroused further controversy when he predicted that the US defeat in Indochina had opened the door to a new epoch of Pacific Rim success for American values and economic systems. Yuppie Renaissance “,” The Yuppie Rebirth “,” Yuppie Renaissance ” His reports from Iraq and on the Colombian drug wars received wide attention, as have his profiles of figures such as Dick Cheney . 
Allman’s first book on Florida, “Miami: City of the Future” is considered the definitive work in its field. His History of Florida, Finding Florida: The True History of the Sunshine State , was a finalist for the National Book Award , and named one of the best works of history and non-fiction by Kirkus Reviews . The Florida Association of Authors and Publishers honored it as the best overall book on Florida, 2013-2014, and the best book in the non-fiction for adults category. <Miami Herald, 24 August 2014>
Harvard University’s Houghton Library is the repository of the TD Allman archive. The Archives and Special Collections at Amherst College also hold some of his papers. The TD Allman Studentships, funded by the ChengZhong Focus Foundation, supports ground-breaking independent research into past and present events.
- Anatomy of a Coup , Glad Day Press, 1970
- Unnamed destiny: mayhem and illusion in American foreign policy – from the Monroe doctrine to Reagan’s war in El Salvador . Dial Press. 1984. ISBN 978-0-385-27464-7 .
- Miami: City of the Future . Atlantic Monthly Press. 1987. ISBN 978-0-87113-102-7 .
- Rogue State: America at War with the World . Nation Books. 2004. ISBN 978-1-56025-562-8 .
- Finding Florida The True History of the Sunshine State (First ed.). New York: Atlantic Monthly Press . 2013. ISBN 978-0-8021-2076-2 .
- Lucy McCauley, ed. (2002). “The King Who Saved His Country”. Spain: true stories . Travelers’ Tales. ISBN 978-1-885211-78-1 .
- David Wallis (ed), Killed: great journalism too hot to print , Nation Books, 2004, ISBN 978-1-56025-581-9
- John Leonard (ed), These United States: Original Essays by Leading American Writers on Their State Within the Union , Nation Books, 2004, ISBN 978-1-56025-618-2
- ^ Jump up to:a b http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/6450422/the_curse_of_dick_cheney
- Jump up^ http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/03/orlando/allman-text
- Jump up^ http://harpers.org/subjects/TDAllman