Ross Matthew Greenberg (September 16, 1956 – February 16, 2017) was an American software developer, noted for creating one of the first antivirus software products. He also worked in journalism, and was a member of the Internet Press Guild .
In 1987, as Software Concepts Design , Greenberg released one of the first two heuristic antivirus software utilities, Flushot Plus .    He released it as shareware for $ 10. 
O’Reilly book author Roger A. Grimes described Flushot Plus as “the first holistic program to fight MMC [malicious mobile code].” 
In the 1980s, Greenberg was a frequent contributor to PC Magazine , and was the primary sysop of its CompuServe forum, PC MagNet . 
In 1996, he became a founder member of the Internet Press Guild .  
Greenberg was born in New York City , and raised in Syosset . His parents were Muriel and Walter Greenberg. He had two sisters: Toni (Richard) Koweek and Carla G. Kaplan. 
Greenberg attended the State University of New York at Stony Brook , graduating in 1978. 
Greenberg’s wife, Dawn, was from Marietta, Georgia .  Before he Moved to a nursing home in the Atlanta area, the pair Lived in Bovina, New York . [ Citation needed ] The couple separated in 2009, but did not divorce.
Health issues and death
Greenberg suffered from multiple sclerosis , first diagnosed in the mid-1980s. His elder sister described the form of his illness as “aggressive”. 
In late 2009, Greenberg moved to a nursing home near Atlanta, Georgia .  He moved to a nursing home in Forsyth, Georgia . In August 2015, he was moved to Chelsey Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, Dahlonega, Georgia ,  where he died after contracting pneumonia , [ citation needed ] in February 2017. 
- Jump up^ Yevics, Patricia A. “Flu Shot for Computer Viruses” . americanbar.org.
- Jump up^ Strom, David (April 1, 2010). “The Ross Greenberg Story” . wordpress.com.
- Jump up^ “Anti-virus is 30 years old” . spgedwards.com. April 2012.
- Jump up^ PC Magazine, June 28, 1988
- Jump up^ Grimes, Roger A. (June 1, 2001). Malicious Mobile Code: Virus Protection for Windows . O’Reilly Media, Inc. p. 522. ISBN 9781565926820 .
- Jump up^ PC Magazine, October 31, 1988
- Jump up^ IPG Membership
- Jump up^ Internet Press Guild Form-press release
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Koweek, Toni G. (2017), Obituary-Ross Matthew Greenberg
- Jump up^ About Ross Greenberg – Google Plus
- Jump up^ A Statement of Gratitude
- Jump up^ Ross Greenberg, September 16, 1956 – February 16, 2017