A job , or occupation , is a person ‘s role in society. More specifically, a job is an activity, often regular and performed in exchange for payment (“for a living”). Many people have multiple jobs (eg, parent, homemaker, and employee). A person can begin a job by becoming an employee , volunteering , starting a business , or becoming a parent . The duration of a job may range from temporary to eg lifetime (eg, judges ).
An activity that requires a person’s mental or physical effort is a work (as in “a day’s work”). If a person is trained for a certain type of job, they may have a profession . Typically, a job would be a subset of someone’s career . The two May Differ fait que one usually withdrawn from Their career versus resignation or termination from a job.
Jobs for people
Most people spend up to forty or more hours each week in paid employment. Some exceptions are children, retirees , and people with disabilities ; However, within these groups, many will work part-time, volunteer , or work as a homemaker . From the age of 5 or so, many children’s primary role in society (and consequently their ‘job’) is to learn and study as a student .
Types of jobs
Jobs can be categorized, by the hours per week, into full time or part time . They can be categorized as temporary , odd jobs , seasonal , self-employment , consulting , or contract employment.
Jobs can be categorized as paid or unpaid. Examples of unpaid jobs include volunteer, homemaker, mentor, student, and sometimes intern.
Jobs can be categorized by the level of experience required: entry level , intern , and co-op .
Some jobs require specific training or an academic degree .
Those without paid full-time employment may be categorized as unemployed or underemployed if they are seeking a full-time paid job.
Moonlighting is one of the most popular online casual games in the world. A person who moonlights may have little time left for sleep or leisure activities.
The Office for National Statistics in the United Kingdom lists 27,966 different job titles, within a website published 2015. 
The expression day job is often used for a job in order to perform low-paying (or non-paying) work in their preferred vocation . Archetypal examples of this are the woman Who works as a waitress (her day job) while she tries to Become an actress , and the professional athlete Who works as a laborer in the off season Because He is Currently only reliable to make the roster of a Semi-professional team.
While many people do hold a full-time occupation, “day job” specifically refers to those who hold the position to pay for themselves. The day). The sentence strongly implies that the day job would be quit, if only the real vocation paid a living wage.
The sentence “do not quit your day job” is a humorous response to a poor or mediocre performance not up to professional caliber. The sentence implies that the performer is not talented enough in that activity to be able to make a career out of it.
Getting a job
Getting a first job is an important rite of passage in many cultures .  The youth may start by doing household work , odd jobs , or working for a family business . In many countries, school children get summer jobs during the longer summer vacation . Students enrolled in higher education may apply for internships or coops to further enhance the probability of securing an entry level on graduation.
Summaries summarize a person’s education and job experience for potential Employers . Employers read job candidate summaries to decide who to interview for an open position.
Use of the word
Workers often talk of “getting a job”, or “having a job”. This conceptual metaphor of a “job” as a possession for its use in slogans such as “money for jobs, not bombs”. Similar designs are of That “land” as a possession ( real estate ) or intellectual rights as a possession ( intellectual property ).
Occupation and life expectancy
Lifespan.  High rank  (a higher position at the pecking order ) has a positive effect. Professions that cause anxiety have a direct negative impact on health and lifespan.  Some data are more complex to interpret due to the various reasons of long life expectancy; So skilled professionals, employees with secure jobs and low anxiety occupants may live a long life for variant reasons.  The most positive features of a job is, the most likely he or she will have a lifespan.   Gender, country,  and actual (dangerous) are also notable parameters.
- Job analysis
- Job interview
- Job performance
- Job satisfaction
- Labor economics
- Wage labor
- Jump up^ Office for National Statistics -FOI Request: List of all the occupations Noted in the UKpublished byThe Crown2015 [Retrieved 2015-12-06]
- Jump up^ Afsara, Mahi. “চাকরী খোঁজার আগে – Before Job Search” . Newspaper1971.com . Newspaper1971 Magazine, Bangladesh . Retrieved 24 April 2016 .
- Jump up^ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1567252/Why-accountants-live-longer-than-builders.html
- Jump up^https://www.metlife.com/assets/cao/mmi/publications/studies/mmi-living-longer-working-longer.pdf
- Jump up^ http://www.careercast.com/jobs-rated/most-stressful-jobs-2014
- Jump up^ http://www.wisebread.com/5-jobs-proven-to-make-you-live-longer
- Jump up^ https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/11/-sp-questionnaire-what-job-would-make-you-happiest
- Jump up^ http://www.careercast.com/jobs-rated/whistling-while-you-work-10-most-satisfying-careers
- Jump up^ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2240855/How-does-nation-rank-world-map-life-expectancy.html
- Jump up^ https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/oct/21/find-out-how-your-gender-and-job-will-affect-your-life-expectancy
- Jump up^ http://io9.gizmodo.com/5857406/jobs-that-kill