The Global Apprenticeship Network (GAN) is a Swiss independent and not-for-profit association based in Geneva. The GAN is a network of companies, employing organizations , associations and international organizations with the mission of promoting quality apprenticeships and the goal of creating job opportunities for youth and skills for business.
The Global Apprenticeship Network was created on a call for action by the G20 countries on youth unemployment.  It was Established late 2013 as an initiative Coordinated by the International Organization of Employers (IOE) and the Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development’s (OECD) Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC), with the backing of the International Labor Organization (ILO) and OECD.
The supreme decision-making body of the GAN is the General Council, which brings together all of its members representing business and employing organizations . It is the responsibility of the Board of Directors to ensure that the Board of Directors of the GAN, The Secretariat is currently responsible for the day-to-day running of the GAN, currently led by the Executive Director, currently Shea Gopaul, who is accountable to the General Council and the Management Board. 
According to its Annual Report, the GAN develops toolkits, conducts surveys, shares best practices with multinationals and participates in international events.
The GAN works through its national networks which are the platform on the ground. As of November 2016 the GAN has launched six GAN National Networks (GNNs) in Argentina,  Colombia,  Indonesia,  Turkey,  Mexico and Spain.   It has also established networks to be launched in Malawi,  France, the Netherlands and Tanzania.
Members and partners
A full list of GAN members and partners is available on their website. The GAN, through its members, reaches out to labor and miners in 185 countries and more than 150 employers’ federations in every region of the world. The GAN membership consists of entities whose objectives are compatible with those of the GAN.
- Jump up^ “B20 Employment Taskforce Policy Paper” (PDF) . September 2015: 17.
- Jump up^ Statutes of the Global Apprenticeship Network
- Jump up^ “31 empresas participan en red global estudiantil-laboral” . Mercado. 16 December 2015 . Retrieved 20 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Colombia abre las puertas al GAN” . ANDI .
- Jump up^ Yulisman, Linda (30 May 2015). “Apprenticeships promoted to tackle unemployment” . The Jakarta Post . Retrieved 20 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Launch of First GAN National Network in Turkey” (PDF) . Tiskinformation . March 2015.
- Jump up^ “ILO pide apostar por a empleo” decent “para evitar that los jóvenes españoles tengan an” estigma ” ” . ABC. 18 June 2015 . Retrieved 20 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Nace the Red Mundial of Aprendizaje para crear oportunidades de trabajo” . 2 September 2015 . Retrieved 20 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ Thipa, Grace (26 May 2016). “Malawi pioneers Africa’s apprenticeship network” . Times Malawi . Retrieved 15 June 2016 .