An employment contract or contract of employment is a kind of contract used in labor law to attribute rights and Responsibilities entre parts to a bargain. The contract is between an employee and an employer. It has arisen out of the old master-serving law, used before the 20th century. The purpose of this Agreement is to provide for the subordination, In the words of the controversial labor lawyer Sir Otto Kahn-Freund ,
“The relationship between an employee and a worker is a relationship between a worker and a worker.” , However much the submission and the subordination may be concealed by the indispensable figure of the legal mind known as the ‘contract of employment’. Inequality of bargaining power which is inherent and must be inherent in the employment relationship. ” 
The terminology is complicated by the use of many other sorts of contracts. Instead of being considered as an “employee”, the individual could be considered a ” worker ” or as having an “employment relationship” A “dependent entrepreneur”, and so on. Different countries will take more or less sophisticated, or complicated approaches to the question.
A contract of service is a contract of service.  A contract of service is a self-employed and self-employed service. The purpose of the dividing line is to attribute rights to some kinds of people who work for others. This could be the right to a minimum wage, holiday pay, sick leave, fair dismissal,  a written statement of the contract, the right to organize in a union , and so on. The assumption is that genuinely self-employed people should be able to look after their own affairs,
In Roman law the equivalent dichotomy was that between locatio conductio operarum (employment contract) and locatio conductio operis (contract for services).  
Anarcho-syndicalists and other socialists who criticize wage slavery , eg David Ellerman and Carole Pateman , Argue are inalienable. As Ellerman points out, “[t] he employee is legally transformed from being a co-responsible partner to being an input supplier. Employ’s business. ”  Such contracts are inherently invalid ”
The contractarian argument is unassailable all the time it is accepted that abilities can ‘acquire’ an external relation to an individual, and can be treated as if they were property. To treat abilities in this manner is also implicitly to accept that the ‘exchange’ between employ and worker is like any other exchange of material property. . . The answer to the question of how property in the person can be contracted out is that no such procedure is possible. Labor power, capacities or services, can not be separated from the person of the worker like pieces of property. 
- Employment # Employment contract
- Collective bargaining
- Job description
- Labor law
- Labor union
- Work for hire
- First Employment Contract and New Employment Contract in France
- Master and Servant Act
- Adair c. United States , 209 US 161, 175 (1908) “the employer and the employee have equality of right and any legislation that disturbs that equality is an arbitrary interference with the liberty of contract which can not be legally justified in our free land.”
- Jump up^ Labor and the Law, Hamlyn Lectures, 1972, 7
- Jump up^ in the UK, s.230Employment Rights Act 1996
- Jump up^ Employment Contract FAQs
- Jump up^ see,Sir John MacDonell,Classification of Forms and Contracts of Labor(1904) Journal of the Society of Comparative Legislation, New Series, Vol. 5, No. 2, p. 253-261, at 255-256
- Jump up^ “locatio conductio operarumis a contract whereby one party Chartered to supply the other with a certain quantum of labor.Locatio conductio operisis a contract whereby one party Chartered, in consideration of money payment, to supply the other not with plowing, But with theresultof labor. ” Sohm,Institutes of Roman Law, 311 (1892)
- Jump up^ Ellerman 2005, p. 16.
- Jump up^ Ellerman 2005, p. 14.
- Jump up^ Ellerman 2005, p. 32.
- Mark Freedland, The Personal Employment Contract (2003) Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-924926-1