Candace Dempsey is an American author, journalist and travel writer.  She has written for several magazines in the United States, and is the author of Murder in Italy(2010), a study of the 2007 murder of Meredith Kercher and the trials of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito . 
Dempsey has been interviewed about the Kercher investigation for CNN, including Anderson Cooper 360 , MSNBC, BBC, KOMO TV, and Italian television.  She maintains a blog about the case, “Let’s Talk About True Crime,” hosted by the Seattle Post-Intelligencer . 
Dempsey’s ancestry is Italian on her mother’s side, and German-Irish on her father’s.  She attended West Valley High School in Spokane , obtained her master’s degree in journalism from the University of Oregon School of Journalism , and her career in 1976 as an intern at The Spokesman-Review in Spokane.  In 1977 she married Mark Rosenblum, a New Yorker. The couple lived in Albany, New York, and Boston, Massachusetts, for a few years before moving to Seattle.  
Dempsey has worked as an editor, writer and producer for MSN, and has written for such publications as Chicago Tribune , Boston Phoenix , Slate and The New York Times . 
She is known for her research in the 2007 murder of Meredith Kercher in Perugia , Italy. Her blog on the investigation was one of the first to write about the case, and her book about the murder and criminal inquiry, Murder in Italy , received Best True Crime Book Reviews Editor’s and Readers’ awards for 2010.  Dempsey Was present in the courtroom in Perugia in October 2011 when Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were acquitted of Kercher’s murder. 
- (2010). Murder in Italy: The Shocking Slaying of a British Student, the Accused American Girl, and an International Scandal . Penguin / Berkley Books.
- (2001). “A Restless Night on the Mojave” , Passionfruit .
- (1998). “Girl Kayak Guides of Juneau,” in Marybeth Bond and Pamela Michael (eds.). Travelers Tales’ A Woman’s Passion for Travel . Travelers’ Tales Books.
- (1996). “Alone again,” in Susan Fox Rogers (ed.). Solo: On Her Own Adventure . Seal Press; Reproduced in Faith Conlon, Ingrid Emerick and Jennie Good (eds.). (1998). Gifts of the Wild: A Woman’s Book of Adventure . Seal Press.
- Jump up^ Popham, Peter. “The Knox Watchers: Meet the People Who Are Obsessed with Amanda Knox’s Fate”,The Independent, 6 November 2010.
- Mikel, Amy. “An Interview with Candace Dempsey, Author of Murder in Italy” , Seattleest, 7 September 2010.
- ^ Jump to:a b c Homepage , and “About” , candacedempsey.com, accessed 10 September 2012. For example:
- Dempsey, Candace. “A Lost Child Rescues Himself” , The New York Times, 27 July 2012.
- Demsey, Candace. “Prosecutor Asks Us To Ignore Casey Anthony While Hawking His Book About the Casey Anthony Case” , Slate, November 15, 2011.
- Dempsey, Candace. “Angel In Exile” , Chicago Tribune, April 5, 1998.
- Dempsey, Candace. “Holding Court” , Chicago Tribune, August 3, 1997.
- Demspey, Candace. “X-ray Vision” , Chicago Tribune, 2 March 1997.
- Jump up^ “Let’s Talk about True Crime”,Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Dempsey, Candace. “Alone again: Lost in the West” , Travel Tales .
- Jump up^ Kerschner, Jim. “Kershner: Knox book author’s reliance on ‘rules of journalism'”,The Spokesman Review, 10 October 2011.
- Dempsey, Candace. “Concert review: Fender’s act needs new material” , The Spokesman-Review, 28 June 1976.
- Jump up^ “Rosenblum-Dempsey”,The Spokesman-Review, July 16, 1977.
- Jump up^ Vogt, Andrea. “Amanda Knox box Creates a Police investigation at home”,Seattle Post-Intelligencer, May 27, 2009.
- Jump up^ Adams, Guy. “The Knox Hopes for a $ 1m legal fees”,The Independent, 5 October 2011.