Andrea Stone is a graduate of CUNY Graduate School of Journalism . Prior to taking this position in February 2015, she was an American freelance journalist for National Geographic, Smithsonian, the Washington Post and other outlets. In 2013, as senior executive producer for digital, she helped launch the website of Al Jazeera America . Before that she was senior national correspondent for The Huffington Post , which she left in November 2012. Previously, she was senior Washington correspondent for AOL News.  Stone was a long-time correspondent for USA Today,  where she covered national and foreign news, politics, Congress and the Pentagon.
Early life and education
She was a graduate of Christopher Columbus High School (Bronx, New York) . Stone earned a BA at CUNY Lehman College and an MS at Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism .  Her coverage of the Gaza disengagement was one of 100 Great Stories by Columbia journalists.
New York, Florida and Illinois, including the Riverdale Press in the Bronx. She freelanced aussi early on for Newsweek , Business Week , Chicago Tribune , The Gainesville Sun (Fla.) And several New York City weekly newspapers.
In 1984, Gannett News Service and Pennywhistle Press in Arlington, Va. The following year, she was a reporter in the Money section of USA TODAY. In 1989 she joined the News section as a national correspondent. TODAY, Stone from 47 states and more than two dozen countries. She has been reported from Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel and the Palestinian Territories  and covered 9/11 at the Pentagon. 
She is a co-author on the book “Desert Warriors: Men and Women Who Won the Persian Gulf War.” 
Stone was hired by AOL in September 2009 as part of its push to produce original content. 
At a National Press Club luncheon on July 15, 2011, Arianna Huffington and Tim Armstrong , CEO of AOL , the parent company of the Huffington Post Media Group, referred to Stone in their remarks: “A journalist is not a single entity. A journalist is a network, “Armstrong said. Someone like “Andrea Stone, who I was a big fan of before we started working together. My guess is Andrea Stone has a convening power. ”  ” This is a very important step in the development of the social sciences, “he said.
Al Jazeera America ‘s digital team. In April 2013, she was hired as a senior executive . 
Stone has worked as an adjunct professor, most recently in Fall 2014 at American University in Washington, DC
Stone’s TV appearances include CNN ,  MSNBC, C-SPAN Washington Journal,  Close-up at the Newseum and USA TODAY LIVE. On radio, she was a regular panelist on WBUR’s Here and Now (Boston) from Sept. 2001 to Feb. 2005 NPR’s All Things Considered , Talk of the Nation , To the Point , The Connection and On Point ; Washington Post Radio, WTOP Washington and many regional commercial talk shows.
- Jump up^ “News & latest headlines from AOL” . Aolnews.com . Retrieved 2015-09-19 .
- Jump up^ “Usa Today” . Content.usatoday.com . Retrieved 2015-09-19 .
- Jump up^  ArchivedMarch 12, 2011, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Independence in Gaza will come with risks” . Usatoday.com .
- Jump up^ “Pentagon searchers encounter grisly scenes” . Usatoday.com .
- Jump up^ “Desert Warriors: Men and Women Who Won the Persian Gulf War: USA Today: 9780671748753” . Amazon.com .
- Jump up^ “Arianna Has Poached 11 More Writers, Including A NYT Culture Editor” . Business Insider . 14 March 2011.
- Jump up^  ArchivedJuly 20, 2011, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Andrea Stone and Tony Karon to Join Al Jazeera America” . Aljazeera.com .
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^ “Homosexuals Military” . C-SPAN.org .