Alice Prochaska FRHistS (born 12 July 1947) is Principal of Somerville College, Oxford . 
Alice Prochaska studied at Somerville College in the University of Oxford and received BA and DPhil degrees in Modern History .
Prochaska was initially a museum curator , and then an archivist at the Public Record Office , now The National Archives . From 1984 to 1992 she was a director and deputy director at the Institute of Historical Research, University of London . From 1992 to 2001 she was Director of Special Collections at the British Library . She became a librarian at Yale University , United States, from 2001 to 2010.   She became Principal of Somerville College from 1 September 2010.   Since then she has been affectionally known as’ Ali P ‘by the student body.
Prochaska was involved with the design of the first National Curriculum for history in the United Kingdom during 1989-90. She was a governor of London Guildhall University , now part of London Metropolitan University . She Chaired the National Council on Archives and Was a member of the Royal Commission on Historical Manuscripts . Prochaska is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society and served as Vice-President from 1995 to 1999.  In the US Department of Research and Libraries and several committees of the Association of Research Libraries , Yale University Press , and Yale University Press . Prochaska is currently a national and national identity. She now chairs the Sir Winston Churchill Archive Trust, and serves as a Vice Chancellor of the University of Oxford.
Alice Prochaska is married to the historian Frank Prochaska . They have two children and two grandchildren.
- (1973) London in the thirties . (Exhibition catalog for the London Museum ) ISBN 9780112901709
- (1973) London since 1912 . (Co-author with John T. Hayes) ISBN 9780112901457
- (1976) Young writers of the thirties . (Exhibition catalog for the National Portrait Gallery ) ISBN 9780904017076
- (1982) History of the General Federation of Trade Unions, 1899-1980 . ISBN 9780043310878
- (1986) Irish history from 1700: a guide to sources in the Public Record Office . Archives and the User 6 : British Records Association . ISBN 9780900222078
- (1987) Margaretta Acworth’s Georgian cookery book . (Co-editor with Frank K. Prochaska) ISBN 9781851451241
- Numerous articles and presentations in conference proceedings etc.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Dr. Alice Prochaska” . Debrett’s . Retrieved 15 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Alice Prochaska” . The Guardian . 18 November 2003 . Retrieved 15 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Yale Librarian Alice Prochaska To Step Down” . Yale Bulletin . Yale University , USA. 17 July 2009 . Retrieved 15 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Dr. Alice Prochaska” . Somerville College, University of Oxford . Retrieved 11 April 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Alice Prochaska next Principal of Somerville College” . Press release . University of Oxford , UK. 18 June 2009. Archived from the original on 11 October 2010 . Retrieved 15 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ Diver, Tony (2016-10-09). “Popular principal of Somerville to retire” . Cherwell.org . Retrieved 2016-10-13 .
- Jump up^ “Principal Dr. Alice Prochaska to step down next year – Somerville College Oxford” . www.some.ox.ac.uk . Retrieved 2016-10-13 .